"Picture yourself as the wacky CEO of your success story, your breath as the secret sauce, and your physical and emotional well-being as the comic relief. In this madcap world, getting these elements to work together is like untangling a plate of spaghetti. But just like any side-splitting show, it all starts with a slapstick script. So, let's cook up a hilariously epic tale from scratch, blending scientific insights with my comedic timing to ensure your voice, breath, and overall well-being synchronize for a prosperous journey in both career and life's grand comedy routine." -
1. The Buteyko Clinic Method Certification, CertBBM
Breathing re-education for respiratory conditions, sleep and mental health. For children, teenagers and adults.
Functional Breathing - Functional Movement: Biomechanical, Biochemical, Resonance Frequency. During rest and exercise.
Theory and application to improve buffering capacity.
Respiratory physiology and application
3. Motivational Interviewing Training
A counselling method that involves enhancing a patient's motivation to change by means of four guiding principles
4. Optimizing Technique - Evidence and Scientific Updates - Vocalizing with Ease: Provincial Voice Care Resource Program, supported by the Division of Otolaryngology, University of British Columbia and BC Provincial Health Services.
5. Client-centered Management for Adults Focused on Assessment and Technique - Vancouver General Hospital Pacific Voice Clinic, multidisciplinary clinic ALERT model
Comprehensive Assessment and Management.
Client-centered approach to assessment examines the four fundamental areas of voice function, recognizing the nature of interactions among four key factors, prioritize and process, management procedures, and evidence based technique.
6. Voice Center University of Pittsburgh - The Voice Group, Contemporary Voice Care
7. Medical Center University of Pittsburgh – Vocal Assessment, Program & Techniques
8. Transgender Voice and Communication - Speech-Language & Audiology Canada
9. Educational Kinesiology Certification - WHOLE BRAIN LEARNING (Recommended for those with learning challenges such as dyslexia, A.D.D., A.D.H.D, Autism, manage sadness/depression or mood disorders, or anyone wanting to have a deeper learning experience through whole brain learning.)
10. Donna graduated from Ryerson in the Public Relations program.
Before she became a Vocal Coach she worked in the corporate world as a technology sales representative (software & services). She held many office administrative positions prior to that.
Donna Flynn has mentored people at all levels and has supported high profile actors and singers from audition to final production. She has also worked on numerous projects with business professionals pursuing career success.
Donna has assist in many audition processes for vocalists for EMI Records, Canadian Idol Outreach Team, award winning producers and the Hummingbird Centre to name just a few. And, have worked with vocalists from Sony/Curve and EMI Records preparing for recording, performing and touring.
Her work has been published in the book “The Perfect Rehearsal” written by Dr. Timothy Seelig, PhD in his book entitled “The Perfect Rehearsal” in the chapter “Vocal Health in Rehearsal”. She is the only Canadian voice expert asked to contribute to his book and is very appreciative to have been included. In addition, she has had her writings and articles published worldwide.
Donna has facilitated Voice Clinics at the Mohawk College – Careers in Music Conference, Corporate Public Speaking Conferences, and facilitated training sessions for artists with learning challenges, stage fright, and anxiety concerns.
CNIB - “A Whole New Light” Documentary: It was an honor to be filmed as part of a documentary about the life of Vivian Chong who became blind five years ago after a medical emergency. A portion of her vocal training was included in the documentary about her life.
Facilitated a Creative Voice Clinic at Winterfolk Music Festival
Co-Master of Ceremonies at the Voices for a Cure Canadian Cancer Society Benefit Concert held at the Opera House
Facilitated several “Find Your Voice” workshops for corporate leadership training
Donna has continued to perform at venues around Toronto, and has performed on Breakfast Television at The Toronto Fringe Festival.